Sunday, 20 November 2011

A very brief introduction...

Speaking from experience, ‘life’ with an Eating Disorder really isn’t living at all.  Each day is filled with the darkness of painful self-hatred and a monotonous obsession with food.  But that doesn’t have to be where the story ends.  With this blog, my aim is to promote recovery by sharing what I learn on my journey to health and healing and to connect with those of you out there also suffering.  Leaving our Eating Disorders behind is never easy.  No matter how much damage is done to our bodies and minds, we are provided with a false sense of safety and control that is wholly seductive and can trick us time and time again.  This is why support is so vital during recovery. 
Lets help each other =)
Rhi

2 comments:

  1. Sentence I personally took from this? : It can trick us time and time again.Spot on.

    Thank you sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really can! That's the bit that continues to shock me. I think to myself, I am a reasonably intelligent person, you'd think I'd get a little bit savvy by now. Nope. lol xxx

    ReplyDelete